[C320-list] SF Visit - what to do - response

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:19:34 PDT 2012

Cypress Point is private, so you need to know someone, who knows someone,
who knows someone.  Maybe someone will respond.  If your husband is trying
to kill some time, Pebble Beach has public access that allows walking next
to the course in several places and the Pro Shop will sell him a LOGO
ball.  That has become my bucket list objective, since I have a boat to
support.

For a quick sail on the bay, you might try the Adventure Cat at Pier 39.
Believe I would just do an Around the Bay ferry ride.

Fort Mason is supposed to have food trucks with unique and special menu's.
Some of the restaurants have started truck service to expand their business
and some Chef's are starting with a truck to build a rep.  The trucks are
also reported to be at different locations each day, so the Fort Mason
thing may be a one time deal.  Ask before you go.

The back side of the Giants Stadium has an open fenced area so you watch
the game for free.  It's a tradition.  Besides, you have to see McCovey
cove.

The America's Cup races will be done by that time, but I would still see if
there was access to the Oracle compound.

And if you are members of a Yacht Club, check your recipricals.  St
Francis, Golden Gate, South Beach...........?

Sounds like you have a quick trip planned.  You should come back next year
to see the AC72s race.

Pat, 801