[C320-list] Refrig shelves

Thomas A. D. Bowman tadbowman at optonline.net
Sat Aug 25 10:23:59 PDT 2012

After 13 years with Snow Goose I have to ask the question. Do the shelves
in the refrig go in with the sides up, or down, and why? I have wrestled
with this question for a long time ( 13 years, in fact). The reason I
bring this up is that three days after we left on our annual three week
cruise: the ref rig stopped making ice, can you imagine that! So every
port we stopped at I was off to buy ice cubes. Fortunately the main frig
stayed cool enough so we didn't loose any food. Once home I eventually got
a refrig repair man, apparently they are few and far between, and he said
that we had a small leak that would never be found and that the solution
was to refill the freon (or what ever they use these days) every season or
two. In any case, after his work the refrig  works fine, plenty of ice
cubes. In the process I took all the shelves out and went down today to
put them back in, thus my question. HELP!
Tom Bowman
Snow Goose
644