[C320-list] Gori prop problem

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Aug 6 12:03:36 PDT 2012

Since you've gotten them to unfold some,  I'd probably start the engine, put
it in reverse first and rev it up a little bit.  They'll try to open further
under engine power.
Then idle back and try forward.  If they didn't open very far, changing
direction may allow them to reverse.

I'd bet that you just need to break up the barnies a bit.  The gears are
supposed to self-clean but if they're pretty gunked up, it may take a bit to
get them fully opened.
Once you've got them opening up full, you might want to go motor around,
coast to let them close, then open them up in reverse.

Unless there's some mechanical problem, they'll probably clean themselves
out with a little engine time.

-Jeff