[C320-list] Water leak

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Fri Aug 17 13:46:22 PDT 2012

dprudden,

Ted had it right... if you have both tanks feeding the pump, the
forward tank will siphon into the aft tank (at least  until it is down
a few gallons). Since the inspection ports are tough to keep
water-tight, the one on the aft tank overflows. Best to turn off one
of the tanks after it has filled. You probably want to feed the tanks
sequentially anyway so you have a better idea of consumption rates. We
drain the aft first since we have so much weight on the stern (dingy,
davits, outboard, me, etc.). Others have suggested draining the
forward tank first to reduce "plowing" into waves.
BTW owners, listing your hull # will improve the
quality/appropriateness of the answers you receive. Especially
important when it comes to engine issues.

Karl