[C320-list] Official function of the cabin top tracks

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:21:54 PDT 2012

Ditto on desire for sage advice on those blocks.  We just (last week)
bought Satori (#398, 1997) and brought her up from south Puget Sound to her
new home port of Lopez Island.  Among the many mysteries on this beautiful
vessel are those blocks and tracks.  A neighbor suggested they were ideally
situated for sheeting down a storm jib, or maybe a  staysail if the boat
were set up as a cutter.  They do serve well as tie-offs for main and
spinnaker halyards.

many thanks; we've been on the list serve for a year while trying to find a
boat and found the exchanges ideal for knowing problems to look for (Satori
has few).

gene and judy

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he'll deplete the
      oceans."

The Book of Bob, Ironies 24:7