[C320-list] Help with aft cabin leak

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 20:58:28 PDT 2012

Warren,  we had the same leak which was from the Gate stanchion above.  The paneling was also starting to rot from the moisture.  Both the interior port and the paneling were easy to remove on our 1995 model.  We were able to remove the interior ring and actually in the three years since I have not gotten around to putting it back together to my wife's chagrin.  The fiberglass underneath was white and still is although I bought and recup a piece of paneling from Menards as they were the closest thing to the original.  The paneling is screwed on, and can be removed after you remove the port cover and interior frame.  I then removed the wood strip after unscrewing the lights.  This gives you access to the liner.  I used a 2 1/2 inch circular saw blade and cut out the liner to get  access to the stanchion nuts.  The holes are covered up when you put the wood strip back.  Remove and clean the stanchion and rail and caulk.  When putting the nuts
 back on don't tighten, let the caulk set up to provide a rubberlike seal.