[C320-list] Anchor roller bail

Tony Murphy tony at midwestphysics.com
Sat Dec 1 11:01:30 PST 2012

David,

Hard to tell without knowing your typical anchoring conditions… I struggled with this a bit myself before purchasing, but the deciding factor for me is that I'm on an inland lake and can typically find a good sheltered bay.  Everyone's situation will be different...

Conventional wisdom is to go with the largest you can fit and handle.  In fact, the Mantus anchor (similar design) does indeed recommend a 35# for boats of our size.

Perhaps Mike's anchoring conditions might be closer to yours and I would solicit his advice.  I guess I just don't have the experience in coastal waters to recommend that you go down to the 25#.  Looking back on my decision making process, I'm fairly sure I would have went with the 35# if I had Bella Sol down in Florida, the Bahamas, or Caribbean… I only mention these locations because my Admiral tells me that I'm daydreaming about retiring to these locations way too much!!

Tony
Bella Sol