[C320-list] Gas Solenoid

Dingo Is Talent dingoistalent at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 16 19:46:48 PST 2012

Hey Scott
Ron - Down under (Australia - not Austria) HULL 1150..delivered 2008

I have had no end of hassle with mine. Seems that the 'sniffers',  one under
stove and the other under floor boards are so dam sensitive that almost
anything with any form of gas/vapour petrol based or oil can trigger.
Mine has been cutting out due to the moisture in the bilge from leaking aft
water tank.
Water flowed into the bilge via motor area bringing small amounts of oil
with it.
Put gas on ...and almost immediately solenoid closes.
Since I have had a DRY BILGE ...no problem...but it does come back when the
ICE BOX Ice melts and drains into the bilge.
Bet you have water in your bilge..

For what it is worth, from the LAND DOWN UNDER.

RON