[C320-list] Gas Solenoid

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sun Dec 16 15:50:29 PST 2012

If the switch snaps back then either the switch is broken or there is a
short circuit causing the breaker to trip. You can figure out which it
is by trying to turn the switch on with the main battery switch set to off.

I would definitely not remove the solenoid. Even if the valves on the
stove are fail safe, this is a safety feature that lets you quickly cut
off the gas in event of a fire. Suppose, for example, there were a leak
in the system somewhere that caught fire. Killing power to the solenoid
would put it out.