[C320-list] bottom paint

DianeFlr at aol.com DianeFlr at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 10:26:21 PST 2012

Practical SAilor also showed the EPaint from MA to be the best in the FL
waters near where we live  (was tested in Sarasota Bay) .   I ordered it/
had boat prof. sanded down to the fiberglass in  October 2012 ; primed and
painted per EPaint instructions.

After just 6 months in our BRACKISH waters here; she was full of  growth
.   VERY dissappointing!  I called the owner of EPaint & told him our
dilemma.  he said we do not have enough water FLOW here (we live behind a  lock -
so it is not tidal waters)  AND their paint needs SUNLIGHT.   So, the port
side, which sits against our dock - looked even worse than the  starboard
side!

I currently hire a diver once/ month to keep the WHITE bottom  clean.....
most dissapointing....

Any other suggestions for when we haul the boat next year & REDO the
bottom??

ps.  Epaint is a HARD paint - not eblative.

Captain Diane  Fowler, GRI, CRS, e-PRO
Sellstate Priority Realty

CELL: 239-  850- 4935

_www.CapeCoralHomes.com_ (http://www.capecoralhomes.com/)

check  out Smoky Mountain rental: www.VRBO.com/235062

In a message dated 12/17/2012 12:34:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,