[C320-list] Dutchman versus Lazy Jacks versus Stack Pack

Jack McDonough mcdonough5 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 18 07:49:42 PST 2012

Larry:

The Dutchman is a typical "love it or hate it" proposition.

I hated the damn thing and eventually changed over to a stack pack with lazy
jacks, which we LOVE. Do I get less speed out of it than with the Dutchman?
I have no idea and I don't care. We sail for enjoyment, which to us means a
relaxing time on the water without the need to beat every other boat afloat.

Also, because we had unending problems with the gate on our mast (it jammed
the cars going up and coming down) we had a Tides Track installed. Now the
main zips up and down. No problem.

My opinion: Get a stack pack.

Jack