[C320-list] Replacement Sails Dutchman A system

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Fri Dec 21 05:14:02 PST 2012

David,
Moving the topping lift line to a single line starboard side clutch located
near the mainsail halyard clutch set using an open outer most turning block
made the Dutchman system so much more efficient and user friendly,
especially when setting and releasing the mainsail in higher winds. Had
compromised for a while by setting the topping lift to a neutral length to
avoid the trips to/from the mast but experienced  the topping lift/Dutchman
block line hanging up on the backstay split when we least wanted to step out
to adjust the mast cleat.
Rick
My-Ria 1995 hull #277