[C320-list] Catalina 320 spun-bound polyester

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 05:26:48 PST 2012

Spun Polyester would be my guess as to the material you described. If so,
it can be replaced with glas mat in a repair, then a layer of heavy  woven
roving and finally several of layers of cloth. You will need to grind out
the repair area tapering out at least twelve inches/30 cm away from the
damage in order make a strong bond and end up with a smooth, fair repair. I
prefer to use epoxy for repairs as it forms a stronger bond to old laminate
than does laminate.

I have had little success using email with the good folks at
Catalina...They do a great job of customer service through the phone
though. If you are in Europe, open a Skype account...pretty cheap way to
call overseas that way.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC