[C320-list] stiff wheel

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:33:04 PST 2012

One more thing...the rudder post runs inside of a rudder tube it can
be accessed at the top under the deck plate aft of the wheel. These
deck plates often leak...if there was any water in the tube, it likely
froze and made your steering stiff (it would act just like the
brake)...and it would not warm up and melt as fast any other ice on
the boat.

Check it again on a warm day or run a heater in the aft lazarette to
see if derostifg the rudder tube has any beneficial effect.

--
Chris Burti
Farmville, NC