[C320-list] Emergency Tiller!!?!-Description

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 13:51:46 PST 2012

Brian-Mine came with the new boat.  It was in a cloth sleeve which I believe
was red and is about 3 feet long.  The tiller is a tube connected to a
fitting that slides over the exposed part of the rudder post which is under
the round inspection port at the floor near the helm.  You really cannot
operate the tiller unless you take off the wheel.  If you hear something
rattling around in a compartment when sailing that may be it.

The PBO may have stuck it in the port locker in the cockpit and it may be at
the bottom of the pile which is probably the easiest place to put it.  You
could mount it somewhere in that locker so it is easily accesable without
bouncing around.

Don't forget tiller left boat right - just kidding.  Wheels are so nice.

Bob Sloat
S/V Savannah 894 (2002)