[C320-list] Maxwell VW500 Windlass chain/rope

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sat Feb 25 12:20:47 PST 2012

We have 75' of 1/4" Hi Test chain. Not that we use it much. One consideration might be the depths you typically anchor in and how close together other boats typically anchor in your area.

It is nicer to have the chain all out and have the rhode to cleat off. It doesn't bang on the hull when you go slack and drift around.

But we are not even close to being experts in the anchoring area.

Jeff

Paul <pjaarch at verizon.net> wrote:

It is highly suggested that you get chain no shorter than the length of the
boat. I have 32' on mine but 50' would be better.

Paul Adison
C320 #722
S/V Rough Draft