[C320-list] Maxwell VW500 Windlass chain/rope

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 13:03:36 PST 2012

John, it depends on where you anchor.  On the mid to northern Chesapeake Bay
where anchoring depths rarely exceed 15 feet in soft to firm mud, I find 12'
of chain is enough.  Where depths are greater and/or bottoms are iffy, the
more the better; but, I think the recommendation of one boat length
reasonable.  The weight of such a chain is significant.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"