[C320-list] Maxwell VW500 Windlass chain/rope

JJ Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 25 15:07:25 PST 2012

We sail on Lake Ontario (Cdn side) and have 150' of 1/4high tensile chain and 200' of nylon rode; the windlass has a chain gypsy as well as a rope drum. Never got down to using the nylon rode but have often used all of the chain. The anchor is a 15kg Bruce and is attached to the chain with an anchor swivel which I highly recommend. Makes getting the anchor on board the boat a lot safer and easier.
Cheers
JohnM
1999#574