[C320-list] Installing stern seat speakers

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Tue Feb 28 12:56:42 PST 2012

One thought for consideration. On my last Catalina I mounted rectangular
Bose speakers under the stern seats using a single SS screw to the socket in
the middle of the speaker wall. I left just enough slack in the wire to
rotate the speaker to aim to the rear when we were swimming or floating
behind the boat. That made for a nice swim.

If you are going to surface mount them, you might consider the Bose 131
Marine Speakers.
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/speakers/outdoor_marine_spea
kers/index.jsp
They have a sealed rear sound volume that provides a tuned bass enclosure
and protects the back of the speaker. It probably would prevent taking on
water in a bad event.

Happy Sailing!

John
2007 C320MKII