[C320-list] Problem Solved

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 18 12:18:50 PST 2012

You may recall an in depth discussion late last year regarding fridge usage.
We have solved our problem.  It wasn`t the fridge but the (less than 2 years
old) batteries.  I had them load tested, all okay.  1000CCA, no problem, but
they weren`t cycling as deep cycle batteries.  The N150`s used here are
truck starting batteries, not designed for deep cycle.  I have repaced them
with the same as I wanted the boat to be ready for the Christmas period and
there will need to be some changes to fit AGM`s in the space.
The good thing that came out of all the fridge discussion was that we have
now lined the inside of the fridge with the double foil on bubble wrap,  put
frozen water bottles in before a time away and fitted a Victron battery
monitor.    ALL good ideas.   I may, however, get the fridge re-gassed.  I
assume it`s never been done and the boat is a 2000 model.
24 hour usage in the marina with nothing else on but the fridge is about 45
amps, which sounds about right to me.

Many thanks to all who had input.