[C320-list] Head Fresh Water Plumb

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 10:52:32 PST 2012

I used this exact same approach to have the option to run FW or SW through my newly installed deck washdown pump.  I plumbed my washdown pump supply line low into the head sink drain drain line.  If I want SW, I just use the washdown pump normally with the head sink drain valve open.  If I want FE, I close the head sink drain and just fill the head sink with FW.

For our washdown pump useage, I use SW to basically rinse the grime off the anchor, crab pots, boat, etc., then finish with a FW rinse to clean off the SW and also ensure that FW is what remains in the washdown pump supply line.  It works great for cleaning the boat from salty spray from a passage while at a mooring or anchor.

A very elegant approach.

Dave

S/V Emily Ann
2007 C320 MK II, No. 1107