[C320-list] Fuel strainer

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Wed Jan 25 14:07:17 PST 2012

I recall being told not to use teflon tape but to use permatex or another thread sealant. I don't believe that teflon breaks down in diesel, but it shreads easily and tiny fragments could break away get into the fuel line. I guess this might only become an issue on the output side of the engine mounted secondary filter.

That said, I believe my racor primary filter has teflon tape on the fittings from the factory.

Our engine mounted filter looks like it has some paste sealant (like permatex).

Jeff

Mike Paris <mparis495 at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm replacing the fuel strainer housing for the secondary filter because I stripped the bleed screw. Do I need to put teflon tape on the inlet and outlet lines when I put the new one in?

Thanks,
Mike P

Sent from my iPhone