[C320-list] Bilge inspection port

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 09:17:11 PDT 2012

I have hull 67 which is the 'shallow bilge' configuration (hulls 1 through 355).  The forum library has a Catalina Yachts technical bulletin discussing the structural grid for these these hulls.  The bulletin identifies an inspection hole in the cabin sole on the hull center line under the galley vinyl flooring.  I want to make an inspection of this sealed bilge compartment using the inspection port. Has anyone taken up the galley vinyl flooring and are there any secrets or tips to pass along?  Hopefully the flooring can be lifted and reinstalled without damage.  Alan Hull 67 Holland MI