[C320-list] Plastic Porthole screens

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Sun Jul 15 02:57:12 PDT 2012

Mike,
You seem to have the original Lewmar #1RE nylon mesh flyscreen.
It takes quite a touch to install... and then never seems secure.
I think it is easier to do it with the ports closed and locked to
compress the seal.
>From the outside, carefully fit the small tabs between the outer SS
frame and the rubber seal.
Press all around the screen to make it as flat as possible.

If you have trouble, try flattening the screens (compression, heat?)
before you attempt to install.
You can also try with the port open.

Defender and Catalina Direct each carry replacement, next-generation, screens.
CD's price is slightly better but still $34 a pop
http://catalinadirect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=1772
so be careful not to lose what you have, they are like gold!

Karl Mielenhausen

BTW, All this information might have been found by searching the
discussion list archives.
Remember that the archives exist at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/c320-list
I encourage members to to do a little research there first, especially
if in a hurry for some guidance.