[C320-list] Mailing List or Forum

Tony Murphy tony at midwestphysics.com
Mon Jul 16 06:18:50 PDT 2012

I¹m not sure if others are aware of a very fast way to search the list email
messages without having to go through Google Groups (and you don¹t need a
login to do it this way).  And it might possibly be a more thorough search,
but I¹m not sure.

I use the Google ³site² feature to search only the C320 list.

Usage (in the Google search box):

<Search term> site:lists.catalina320.com

For example... I recently searched for posts relating to ³Sanitation hoses²
replacement by searching for ³Sanitation hoses site:lists.catalina320.com².
This returned 9 hits from the C320 list website.  I did the same search on
the Google Groups C320 site and only got 2 hits.  I¹m not sure why the
discrepancy... Does anyone else have insight as to why the Google Group
search might not be returning all the relevant posts?

This can be done on any website... I use Typinator on my mac to have several
shortcuts to search ³site:lists.catalina320.com² and
³site:sailnet.com/forums² and ³...² you get the point.  Makes typing much
faster...

Tony Murphy
Bella Sol #886