[C320-list] Schaefer 2100 furler bearing replacement

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Thu Jun 7 11:40:18 PDT 2012

My drum bearings are shot on my Schaefer 2100 furler. I can barely pull
out the sail by hand. I talked to a rigger and he said it would take 2-3
hours to swap in the new drum (bearings?) and told me to call Schaefer.
I called Joy at 508-995-9511 and she told me she would sell me a new
drum for $150. I presume the part number I will be getting back is
33-040-A.

Jeff Hare has written about annual maintenance. The rigger recommends
unfurling to expose the flush holes and blowing fresh water through the
drum. Trying to decide if I'm going to do the replacement myself or pay
the rigger ~$200.00.

Danny
A BOA VIDA
Hull 972