[C320-list] Water in fuel

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 07:25:52 PDT 2012

I believe the 'gadget' the Jeff is referring to is the H2O Out product.
There have been several positive reviews on these. They make one for your
fridge (keeps the freezer from icing up) as well as the inline fuel vent
product. I was tempted--however the one downside is that once the dessicant
turns pink, you need to remove it and dry it out via microwave or air
drying. Not sure I want to regularly remove this from the vent line.

I did replace my fuel tank. Although it was due to a leak at a seam, when I
did remove it I took a close look at the tank and found that there are
baffles in the tank--a good thing except when needing to properly clean it.
I'm not sure you can do a thorough cleaning without cutting a proper
inspection port. If your tank is more than 10 years old, it isn't a huge
investment ($400 as I recall) to simply replace. The job itself is fairly
straightforward...hope this helps!