[C320-list] Cutlass Bearing

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 16:52:02 PST 2012

Michael - We changed out a bearing on an older model C320 several years ago
and it did have set screws.  There is no problem with the rudder in changing
the bearing as the shaft is not moved.  You take the prop off, push the
bearing out from forward to aft, push the new one in from aft to forward,
and replace the prop.  If you are an Association member, the prop puller and
cutlass bearing removal tool are available for loan (although they are out
on loan in WA state currently).

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD