[C320-list] Cutlass bearing

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:39:48 PST 2012

Michael - I replaced mine this fall after haul out for the winter.  With the prop puller and the cutlass tool from the association tool locker, it was easy.  I took my time, had a few issues like the prop was reluctant to pull off, but even so it took me only three hours.  I did not use a cutlass bearing from Catalina Direct (too expensive) but bought from someone else on-line ($40) and it was very high quality.  Yes, there are 2 set screws on the port side of the strut (I have hull 67 a 1994 boat).  I was sort of nervous to undertake the job, but really it was quite simple with the right tools (anyone lurking on the site should join the association just for this benefit !!)  The rudder is a non issue.  Contact me off list if you like and I'll walk you through the process.  Alan  Hull 67  Holland, MI