[C320-list] Raymarine SmartPiot X-5

Becky DeVillier sail320 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:46:47 PDT 2012

I was told both by a mechanic that I use and Raymarine that it did and that it was unique to Catalinas because the helm is only 2 turns lock to lock.  Honestly I do not know for sure. However I have not been able to complete the Autolearn part of the Sea trials. The rudder turns very hard when the system starts the auto learn and I have to abort the process.
Becky

Warren Updike <wupdike at hotmail.com> wrote:

I was under the impression that the X-5 with the course computer didn't need
the rudder sensor to keep a good course.  What am I missing?

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"