[C320-list] Lubricating internal corkscrew mechanism for in-mast furling

BairdRJB at aol.com BairdRJB at aol.com
Tue May 1 09:24:32 PDT 2012

Not sure if my previous post went through, but I am needing some guidance
and suggestions on maintenance/lubrication of the corkscrew device for
in-mast  furling.  The track along the boom does not provide any resistance, but
cranking the sail in is taking more effort than usual, even when the winds
are  completely calm.

I have used SailKot on the ball-bearings on the headsail furling unit and
that keeps that unit operating well.  Is there something similar to do with
the mechanism housed inside the mast?

Thanks.

Bob Baird
Grand Rapids, Michigan