[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 1417, Issue 2

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Sat May 19 19:09:26 PDT 2012

Hi folks.  I have the opportunity to get an used 100% jib.  My current head sail inventory is a 135%, 150% and a down-wind asymetrical.  What do people think about the usefulness of a 100% jib which happens to have a foam luff.  I thought that with the foam luff it might furl with decent shape down to 50% for use as a fair substitute for a storm sail.  Do folks think that improved beating into weather and reduced weather helm would be other improvements over a 135% (without foam luff so the shape becomes poor before I reef down to 100%) under that point of sail?   Alan Hull 67 Holland MI