[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 1417, Issue 2

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 07:54:25 PDT 2012

My personal opinion is that if you need less sail area due to storm
conditions, you want a headsail that is small enough without reefing.
In lighter winds, the roller reefing concept is easier than changing a
headsail, but as the wind builds above 30, the conditions are such
that the best control possible is required and you will not get that
with a rolled sail.  The shaking will gradually pull it out of shape.
So the 100 will be better than the 135 and it may be good enough for
marginal conditions, but as it is not a storm jib.  But you knew that.

Pat - 801