[C320-list] Adjusting Steering cable tension

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Tue May 22 04:51:45 PDT 2012

Hey everyone,

So on our shakedown sail last weekend definetely noticed that the steering has gone a bit soft.  Was down in the hole and took pics of the quadrant.  According to Warren, the adjustment is just tightening the nuts on the two eye bolts.  I am assuming (but not proceeding yet which makes that ok) that the eye bolts are NOT threaded into the quadrant in any way.  Otherwise you would have to take the cable apart because the eye would turn.....  I ask because crazier things have been done, like when they glassed in all my electrical wiring on my prior Ericson...

Also looking for any advise on best way to do it.  Leave the wheel centered or turn it to port/starboard ?  Thinking about purchase and leverage here.....

Thanks for any and all advice!!!!!

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006