[C320-list] Re-bedding depth transducer

William Ott wmo48 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 05:48:27 PDT 2012

Lou,
What we use to do was make a donut wedge out of teak. The whole in the donut matched the diameter of the transducer shaft and the outside diameter of the donut was a little larger than the nut. The angle of the wedge countered the angle of the hull side which brought the nut down perpendicular to the transducer.  We would cut the donut in two so we could fit around the shaft without cutting cable. The whole assembly was bedded heavily with 5200 and left to set for few days.  This was 30 years ago so I'm sure they have plastic wedges to do the same thing available, because your problem is very typical when trying to install a vertical object on a curved surface.
Mike Ott
'Amanda Lu'

Sent from my iPad