[C320-list] C320-list] Folding Prop and Shaft Size

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Mon May 7 20:40:07 PDT 2012

I have the FOF on my boat.

Best upgrade I have ever invested in.  Your 320 will actually MOVE in 3kts
of wind.  Yes you read that correctly.....

Here are my specs.  Yours may be different due to motor and/or
transmission!!!!

(read all the way down....)

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006
Middle River, MD

Brad,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding a Flexofold propeller for your Catalina
320. For your boat, with that Yanmar engine, we would recommend a 16 x 12
3-blade RH Flexofold ($1985 + shipping).

When you purchase a Flexofold propeller, you will be joining a rapidly
growing number of boat owners enjoying the performance benefits of the
Flexofold under sail and power.

Lowest drag of all props in several independent drag tests.  Improve your
sailing performance by 15% on average.  Nothing you do to your boat will
increase sailing performance more!
Most efficient propeller in forward in tests done by Technische Universitat
Berlin.  Only prop to prove more efficient than fixed blade prop in forward
and reverse.
Superior stopping and reversing power.  Helps you control prop walk.  Among
the best.
Blades do not stick out while sailing as they do on feathering propellers.
You won't catch lobster or crab pots, fishing lines or debris in the water.
No messy greasing, rebuilding or other maintenance required.  Just keep the
blades clean as you would any prop.
The blades are the only moving parts for long life.  Built from underwater
compatible nickel-aluminum-bronze and high strength 329 stainless steel.
Used by many of the world's other leading cruising and racing boat
manufacturers.
Built-in shock absorbers for quiet opening.
Robust, smooth acting gears for long life
·         Flexofold Propellers make sailing more fun.  You can sail faster
than the guy who used to pass you, and keep sailing in lighter air than ever
before

You will also be making the same decision over 51 builders of quality boats,
around the world, have made when they specify Flexofold as standard
equipment or recommended options.  That list includes Swan, Morris Yachts,
J-Boats, Beneteau, Hylas Yachts, X-Yachts, Malo and Najad.  Improved
performance under sail and power also explains our ranking as the best
selling low-drag propeller in the world.

Please give us a call when you are ready to proceed or if you have any
questions. Thanks again!

Dan Tucker

Flexofold North America

781.631.3190

amsales at flexofold.com

********* Auto Generated Form Email **********

> Sfga: 00d30000000ib3q

> Name: Brad Kuether

> Email Address: bkuether at comcast.net

> Address1:

> Address2:

> City:

> State:

> Zip:

> Country:

> Phone:
> Fax:

> Boat make model: 2004 Catalina 320

> Hull type: Fin Keel

> Displacement: 11700

> Waterline length: 28

> Engine make model year: Yanmar 3ym30

> Max hpmax rpm: 27

> Reduction gear ratio: 2.62:1

> Type drive: Tapered Shaft

> Shaft diameter if tapered shaft: 1

> Existing propeller type diameter pitch rhlh and number of blades: Michigan
> 15 X 9 3 Blade Fixed Standard Prop From Factory

> Comments: Looking At Your 3 Blade Folding Thanks!

> Submit: Submit Form

This message is auto-generated by your web site when the form
"spec_prop.form" is submitted by a site visitor on page "Spec_a_prop". No
need to reply.

FYI:

This data has been save to the "SPECPROP" database table.

Your site visitor received the custom response file
"/home/flexofold/flexofold-www//media/spec_prop_auto_responder.txt".