[C320-list] Changing the Impeller

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 13:01:07 PDT 2012

Good points. I don't know the answers.
The first time I removed the end caps on our Perkins heat exchanger (another
story,) I found seven impeller blades from at least 3 impellers judging by
the different colors.  Since then I have been using the Globe impeller and
have not had one come apart. I've had some cracked blades, yes, but not one
broken off.
I really think it is a good practice to remove the impeller and keep it
covered in antifreeze for the winter.  I buy them at Defender.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"