[C320-list] battery/charger issue

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at suddenlink.net
Mon May 14 16:17:17 PDT 2012

You're right Chris... that is a different animal altogether.
Most likely a bad cell in the battery. Alternator keeps trying to
charge and results in overcharge of good cells.
See if one cell still has normal electrolyte level. If so, that is the
bad one and it is time for a new battery.
You could also use a battery hydrometer to measure the specific
gravity in each cell. Differences greater than .02 indicate a problem.

Karl