[C320-list] Genoa reefing line cleat

Denny Browne dennybrowne at verizon.net
Thu May 17 05:29:01 PDT 2012

The dealer installed a Harken single ratchet block with cam cleat
(http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogI
d=10001&storeId=11151&productId=12955&langId=-1 ) on the stanchion forward
of the boarding gate so it's never a trip hazard. I think mine is a Harken
block. The cam cleat angle is adjustable so you can vary the direction to
pull on it for greatest leverage. I can't remember the name of the mounting
hardware, but West Marine sells them for around $15 or so, as I recall. It's
a simple piece of stainless that wraps around the stanchion and secures with
two small screws. I also use them on my stern pulpit base for spinnaker
blocks. This system has worked great for about ten years.

DENNY BROWNE
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach, CA
Denny at DennyBrowne.com