[C320-list] Sail Care

sailorlew at aol.com sailorlew at aol.com
Thu May 17 14:03:19 PDT 2012

Sail Care makes an old blown out sail look good, but it is still an old blown out sail that just looks good. Skip Sail Care for 2 to 3 years & you have money to buy new sails. I have a Catalina 28 that I just purchased 2 new sails for. I had Doyle make me a 2 + 2 batten main with a performance roach,& 1 reef point out of Bainbridge High Aspect Dacron ( there are 4 grades of Dacron, Performanc Cruise, High Modulus, High Aspect, & Marblehead) & a mylar laminate tape drive 145 for $3100. In my opinion spending that much money for just cosmetic reasons does not make sense.
Lew