[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 1417, Issue 2

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Sun May 20 08:54:17 PDT 2012

Agree with Pat.  The other key design for a storm headsail is that the tack
be up from the deck for balance and, probably more importantly, so it cannot
catch bow waves in a storm.  The apparent tack on a partially furled 100
percenter  will be off the deck, but may not be high enough to avoid waves.
The potential for accidental unfurling is also there.  The downside to the
storm headsail is it often has to be launched under particularly nasty
conditions.

Bob Sloat
S/V Savannah 894 (2002)