[C320-list] Pulpit removal

windswept at stx.rr.com windswept at stx.rr.com
Wed Nov 28 12:06:38 PST 2012

I had to replace the bow pulpit on WindSwept after "busting her nose" during a docking incident which I now call my "Captain Ron" moment.  To make a long story short the piling won.

There are threaded aluminum backing plates laminated into the fiberglass and as I recall there are no nuts that penetrate the fiberglass and have to be removed or captured.  If you are going to remove the pulpit you will need to disconnect the wiring for the running light which can be accessed through the circular removable inspection port in the forward end of the anchor locker.  All told, this was not a difficult job.

Larry
C320 #246