[C320-list] Too much oil?

Jack McDonough mcdonough5 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 15 15:02:08 PDT 2012

Two questions:

1. I changed the oil last week and the level is now about 1/4 of an inch above the top line of the dip stick. Not good to overfill, I know. I'm thinking I can siphon enough off with the copper tube I use with my extraction pump. (You know, like you can put your finger on the end of a straw to draw water out of a glass?) But is 1/4" over the line critical?

2. The line at the bottom of the transmission dip stick is only about 1/4" from the bottom of the stick. Is that where the fluid should be? I can never remember that one -- and it's nearly impossible to see the level anyway.

Jack