[C320-list] Seeking experience w/ salon stereo speaker install

Flyingmonkey lou at flyingmonkey.im
Mon Oct 22 15:20:17 PDT 2012

Job completed.

I searched the past posts and the web site for suggestions and then I looked over the electrical layout from the owners manual. Finally I simply just started taking everything apart to figure out the shortest run with the least modifications. I ended up using a fish tape and a little yoga. The salon speakers are mounted against the forward bulkhead in the corner of the hull 1" from the deck/ceiling. The port speaker wire went under the floor of the electrical cabinet then up to the deck joint shelf with the other wires and drops down to the speaker completely unseen. The starboard speaker wire was run straight down from the electrical cabinet into the port setee locker and run thru the depth sounder conduit all the way to the "V" berth port locker. At the port "V" berth locker I ran the wire thru the bulkhead with the forward water tank line then under the two drawers (in flexible conduit) then thru the starboard locker and then up along the forward water tank fill hose to the wire chase at the deck joint wire where it drop to the speaker unseen. Overall I'm quite happy with the result. The speakers I chose for the salon are the Cambridge Audio Minx min 11; small with exceptional clarity, perfect for the salon space.

Lou Hodac
Blue Moon