[C320-list] Winterizing in northeast

dprudden at comcast.net dprudden at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 03:31:33 PDT 2012

So, I got to sail the new (to me) boat for a month, but it's time to think about winter. She is scheduled to be hauled in 3 weeks and I don't want to screw up winterizing. Frtom searching the list, here's what I have found for the general idea of what I need to do. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me what I'm missing and/or pass on your winterizing lists (I couldn't find an actual list that exists anymore on the list).

Engine-change oil (pump out thru dipstick), change coolant, tranny fluid. Pump "pink stuff" through raw water/muffler. I've done outboards many times, but never an inboard/diesel.

Drain water tanks. Pour pink stuff down all drains, including head shower. Either bypass waterheater to save on pink stuff or plan on using 6+ gallons (can be reused/recycled in spring). Never done this before.

Make sure batteries are charged.

Cover baby and put to bed for winter.

What am I missing?

The wife wants me to pay someone this year to make sure its done right, but I doubt I'd find someone. Anyone in Mass/RI want to make a few hundred bucks?

Thanks for the help.

David Prudden
Teachers Pet II (#787)