[C320-list] removing compass for repair

amshd2 at aol.com amshd2 at aol.com
Fri Sep 14 07:10:06 PDT 2012

Mine is a little different on Hull # 30 1994....  I have a Danforth that is held down with 4 long screws.  Remove the 4 screws and lift the whole unit out no sweat.  The light has a quick disconnect under the compass.  I took mine to

I took mine to J Gordan & Co in Annapolis.  They did a great job.  Overhauled the whole thing, new fluid, dome, painted and resealed.  Looks like new.   There is also another company that you can use use Vicking Instruments in Kingstown MA.

www.jgordonco.com ›
www.vikingcompass.com

Tony #30