[C320-list] Replacement teak hatch boards

Tony Murphy tony at midwestphysics.com
Fri Sep 28 07:29:34 PDT 2012

Len,

We have the Zocor doors (installed earlier this summer).  As we spend many
weekends on the boat, we absolutely love them and highly recommend them for
people who are going in an out of the cabin a lot and hate wrestling with
the hatchboards.  However, when sailing, these are removed and placed in the
aft cabin.

For a day sailor, I don¹t think I could recommend them.  They aren¹t as
secure when away from the boat as the original hatchboards, but then again,
if someone wants to get in your boat, they¹ll get in.

Installation is easy to moderate, but not quite as easy as they make it out
before the sale.  I had to some sanding on one of my doors at the bottom
with an orbit sander (about 10-15 mins).

So, if you¹re only purchasing them to keep the rain out while you¹re away,
then they seem like an expensive option.

Tony Murphy
Bella Sol #886
Leech Lake, MN