[C320-list] Can't Get Wheel Off A Problem if You Have to Use the Emergency Tiller

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 13:56:53 PDT 2013

On my hull 894, I take the wheel off and put in on every spring before launch just to make sure it can be removed if the emergency tiller has to be deployed.  That could happen if something breaks in the wheel steering system.  The large nut holding the wheel on has loosed over the season, so I use a little Locktite to keep in snug.  A large wrench easily loosens the nut for wheel removal and the nut looks brand new with out any burs.  After the nut is off the wheel easily slides off.

Once the problem wheel is removed, clean off the stud and wheel and put some lubricant on both to allow easy removal in the future.

Bob Sloat
Savannah #894 (2002)