[C320-list] Can't get Wheel Off

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Mon Apr 1 14:28:05 PDT 2013

On our boat, the hub Key is firmly stuck in the keyway.  I think it had a
bit of super glue or Loctite on it since my wheel on/off dozens of times a
season and in 10 years, the key's never been out, but I keep the shaft
polished up so the wheel slides on/off easily.

In your case, I'd just put a gear puller on it. You can get an inexpensive
one from some auto parts mega store.  I think I paid $8 for my smaller one
and $13 for the one I use to pull my prop.  I wouldn't use PB Blaster on
mine, it's a bit harsh.  Just some liquid wrench a day or two before should
do it..    Also,  if you had to,  boil some water and pour it slowly on the
hub once you've tightened up the gear puller.  It'll pop right off and you
can polish it up with a 3M pad.

-Jeff