[C320-list] C320 Behavior at Anchor

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 1 14:26:45 PDT 2013

We were anchored in a 48kn blow .  We knew it was coming and anchored behind
a hill and about 500 metres from a point.  When the wind came it came over
the hill and around the point.  The anchor held fine with 20 metres chain
and about the same rode.  But the boat was all over the place.  Heeled
fairly dramatically and at one time was stern to the wind. ( heading for
rocks)
No harm done except the loss of a Catalina hat, and it only lasted about
twenty minutes but seemed like an eternity.
Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark
2000 C320 # 774